Job Openings at Our Madison Store on Odana Rd!
Full Time Assistant Manager II/Sales Associate
Do you have a passion for sports and have excellent customer service skills? We'd love to have you on our team and help families affordably play!
Assist the Senior Assistant Store Manager/Owner in managing and promoting all aspects of the business; including but not limited to buying, pricing, sales, merchandising, loss prevention, training and managing staff. Promote a high level of customer service and continually strive for innovative solutions and alternatives in bettering the business. This is a full time key holding position of approx 36- 40 hours per week. Rotating schedule includes two weekends a month and a combination of 9:30am - 6pm shifts and 12pm-8:30 pm shifts.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Assist Senior Assistant Manager and Owner in meeting the following expectations:
- Meet or exceed financial goals, focusing on sales and overall profitability.
- Assistant Manager II will be responsible for knowledge and oversight of designated areas/departments of the store, based upon experience and interest. This oversight will include but not be limited to research and training other staff on product knowledge, buying, merchandising, re-ordering.
- Drive sales through the development of staff; focusing on coaching, training, and role modeling desired behaviors.
- Support and execute all buys as per process efficiency guidelines. Manage all customer buys to ensure we maintain productivity and profitability standards.
- Promote and role model a culture of positive customer service to everyone, every day.
- Maintain merchandise, visual presentation, store organization and cleanliless standards on a daily basis.
- Ensure all inventory functions are completed as directed, including regular inventory counts. Receive merchandise and ticket in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily operational and monetary controls.
- Other duties as assigned, may include social media posts and outreach to teams/leagues.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Some post-secondary education preferred.
- 1+ years prior management and supervisory experience, plus 1-2 years retail sales experience, preferably in similar merchandise lines preferred.
- Strong leadership, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Proven customer service skills and strong interpersonal communication skills required.
- Sales and goal oriented.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to utilize computers and related technology efficiently.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member or cart/dolly.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching customary to a retail environment; including receiving, pricing, and stocking/back stocking merchandise.
- Exposure to typical retail environment and noise levels.
- Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Retail : 1 year (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. 608-824-3920.
At Play It Again Sports, we offer:
- Full and part-time positions
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules that compliment your busy life
- A great employee discount
Download* a Job Application. Either fill out the application online, save it and email it to us or print, fill out and bring it to the store.
*You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader 8.0 or above to view ,print and fill out the application. Save your changes and email application to your nearest location. If you are unable to complete the application online, please print out the application, fill it out by hand and bring it to the store.
Madison, WI 53719
|Mon:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Tues:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Wed:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Thu:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Fri:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Sat:||10:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Sun:||11:00 AM - 05:00 PM|